| 7 comments ]

For the summer this year, Smashbox introduced four new sheer shades to their
Photofinish line of lipsticks
($22). I love the idea coz I wanna wear sheer everything during summer, right from foundation to moisturizers to lipsticks.

SHEER forever !

All four shades are super super sheer. When Smashbox says sheer - they mean sheer. You can rub it ten times and the color almost remains the same. Its not going going to build up its color. Some might love this some might want more out of it. For me, personally I love it. Earlier I wrote about my Makeup Ah - Ha moment and Splendid - the sheer warm peachy apricot shade was what I'd used then on my lips. I love how moisturizing it is, giving the whole wet lips look. I love the wet lips look !

The Shades


The four shades introduced are :
Pout - baby doll pink
Splendid - peachy apricot
Flawless - nude plum
Marvelous - blackberry


Splendid is splendid indeed ! I wouldn't recommend it if you have very pigmented lips because the color doesn't show up as much. If you really really love the shade then dab on a bit of concealer on your lips and use this on top. Pout is a uber pretty cool baby doll pink shade. On its own it is way too cool a shade for me but pair it with a sheer gloss with golden flecks and its perfect ! Flawless is my most favorite shade of the three to recommend to anybody (especially to brown girls in the medium - dark skin tone range ). A very pretty nude shade that you just cannot go wrong with. Its one of those shades that will look great on anybody ! Plus the color in it is a teensy bit more denser than others so it works out well for pigmented lips as well !

Hmm...the pic didn't really capture the peach that splendid is. If I get a better one, I'll replace it.


Pout with Prescriptives Lipgloss in Mango

Happy Monday, y'all ! This week has got to be great. I cant take it if it is anything else. Be great please !

Love,
Indian Girl

7 comments

Jamilla Camel said... @ June 9, 2009 at 12:29 AM

They all look great on you, but you have sexy lips anyway!!

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ June 9, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Aww Jamilla, you are too sweet !
I love you posts on India. Cant wait for your next trip there & back !

Jamilla Camel said... @ June 9, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Indian Girl,

I will be going to Banglaore sometime in June/July, so stay tuned!

Anonymous said... @ June 9, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Flawless looks very nice on you, sad to say it didnt work that well on my more pigmented lips(NC42/44 skin shade) but I got the same effect with Marvelous. Another color I have to recommend is Lovely :)- Cheers Sunitha

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ June 9, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Hi jamilla !!

Wow, will wait for your Blore updates !

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ June 9, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Hi Sunita !
I must try Flawless ! Somehow all blackberry shades end up looking too dark for my skin tone but great on lips ! LOL !

southerngirl said... @ July 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I love the shade Flawless but it has since been discontinued. Any one know of a dupe?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin