| 3 comments ]

Love the name - Hot Brights ! Sounds like a 80's inspired theme to me. Wouldn't you agree ? Why would you . I have no clue what I'm talking about or what the 80's were like. I am a 90's girl ! I think.

The Hot Brights Collection from The Body Shop is a small and complete collection with two products in each category. Totally in love with pink that I am...I was happy with the pink-purple theme they had going. Isn't pink and purple totally 80's ? Like I said, I wouldn't know...

If it weren't for the cute oval packaging I'd have totally hopped, skipped and jumped over the Hot Brights Eye Colors. They are matte. Isn't matte eyeshadow like totally 80's ? What I mean is I am not a fan of matte eye shadows. But if you are , then this is your cue to stand up and sing Take My Breath Away ....or Eternal Flame...or The Way You make Me Feel by MJ. That's a good one ! I'd totally sing The Way You make Me Feel for the Hot Brights Eyeliners. Pretty purple on big brown eyes - perfect match. It also helps that the pencil is creamy and easy to use.

What did take my breath away was the Lip Shine / Cheek Stain. I got tough competition at my gym with all the Real Desperate Housewives of Dallas County showing off their fake hair extensions and real six packs. So I fake it too...I fake juicy red lips and cheeks. I fake the just had a mad-m#@e-o@t- session-with-cute-vampire-next-door juicy red lips and cheeks. Hey, I'm a beauty blogger whoz totally not into working out and does not have a cute vampire next door. So don't blame me for wanting to fake it ! My vampire bitten red lips carry me through one hour of wretched cardio. What more can I ask for ! Looking glamorous while working out is every girl's dream !

If you're a 80's girl, forgive my inability to remember what it was like back then. May be you could tell me about it...


Love,
Indian Girl

3 comments

Nosh said... @ June 19, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I kinda remember the 80s ... it was a confusing time. But I still love the music!! =P

Could you do a look with the eye products from this collection? The shadows don't really look like true mattes swatched!

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ June 19, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Well what do you know... I do have a look I did with it. I posted it now :) Its basically just the shadows and the liner form this collection. Yeah actually the dark purple shadow is full matte but the light pink one is a bit on the frosty side...Good eye !

Nosh said... @ June 19, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Yaaay! Thanks, Indian Girl. I am super obsessed with purples lately and I am trying to figure out how to use them without it looking too obvious, hehe =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin