| 4 comments ]

The New Ultimate Red Collection from Estee Lauder is a brilliant mix of golds and striking reds packaged in the most beautiful golden compacts. It spells luxury and sophistication, all the way. The collection has 2 sets of eyeshadow quads, four lipsticks, four lip glosses, couple of eyeliners and the Opulent Shimmer Powder .



The Opulent Shimmer Powder ($32) is one my most favorite pieces of makeup - ever. Makes me feel like Middle Eastern royalty with the glistening golden shimmer shine glistening on my cheeks. It is a huge compact and if you plan on using the shimmer powder only on your face , it is going to last a long long time. It can also be used to highlight your shoulders and Décolletage!

If you want to get just one piece from this entire collection I would recommend this one. Especially if you are a bride - nothing spells out glamour and sophistication like this on your D-Day ! It is obvious shimmer without being too obvious or glittery. Some might say its too much for everyday - I don't. A little shimmer here and there makes me a very happy girl !

Using a fan brush lightly dust the shimmer powder along your eye bone - The C area on the outer corner of your eye to the top of your cheeks. Stand back and check out the even more gorgeous you ! Personally I would love any product from this collection as a holiday gift and something tells me I am not the only one hoping to get one !

And with this I plan to claim my Makeup Blog title back !

Love,
Indian Girl

4 comments

niky said... @ November 4, 2009 at 10:54 AM

OOooH prettty! I like that it's golden without looking too much like a bronzer. I'm on a perpetual quest for "glowy" skin as opposed to the "sun-kissed" look. And it looks soft and glowy on your skin.

I'm really tempted to go for Benefit's Moonbeam. Would you suggest I go for that, or this Shimmer powder? Do they even serve the same purpose?

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ November 4, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Hi Niky !

Dont hate me for this but I'd suggest testing both out and seeing what you like the most. Again dont hate me for saying that. LOL !

Personally I find Moon Beam a bit hard to work with. It dries off almost immediately and there is hardly any scope for wiping excess off or spreading it well without wiping off your foundation. But if you can work fast it is a good product.

I love this shimmer powder more because
a. it is powder. I don't have to fuss with drying time.
And
b. It is very easy to use, can be used on the body and layered and spreads easily. and
c.the packing is just super classy ! Hope this helps !

Unknown said... @ November 4, 2009 at 5:00 PM

This sentence got me:
"Makes me feel like Middle Eastern royalty with the glistening golden shimmer shine glistening on my cheeks."

I am so getting this tomorrow!

xo

Niky said... @ November 5, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I have to agree with Husha - the "middle eastern royalty" has me totally tempted! :-)

But thanks for the comparison on both products. It does help to know that I need a good amount of sleight with Moonbeam. I'll try both the next time I'm at the mall.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin