| 3 comments ]

It has been a great weekend pour moi, so far ! Friday evening I got all dolled up and went shopping ! Because I am so choosy with my clothes, I almost always never find much that I like. But then my eyes fell upon this cute summery cotton plaid jacket and everything changed ! It was so worth me spending 30 minutes getting ready that evening. Yesterday, the blistering heat was back in TX which generally gets your girl just as foul as Kanye West always is. But I had made plans for a picnic with a couple of girlfriends and meeting them had me in good spirits ! It was a total blast ! The two things I have to thank for are the wonderful trees and my Clinique Face Cream SPF 30. Sunday, at best has been lazy so far. Woke up at ....ehhh...11:00 AM. No I'm lying, more like 11:30. Nope, it was 12:30. I am ashamed to admit it...but izzz okay right ? Izz cool !

This is what I wore on Friday, for my shopping trip. Its all courtesy Urban Decay Get Baked Eye Shadow Palette ($28). The colors in the palette are super vibrant but since it remains bright until 8 here, I had to tone it down a bit. I did the whole look and then took a cotton bud and lightly ran over my lid so the excess color comes off and makes my eyes day time friendly.



The Get Baked Palette is part of Urban Decay's Summer 2009 release. Its a cute hand size palette with 4 shadows, a mini 24/7 eyeliner pencil - bourbon and a mini eyeshadow primer - Sin. The four shades include :


Half Baked (a light golden bronze)
Baked (medium copper)
Twice Baked (shimmering deep brown)
Flipside (electric teal)




Like I mentioned before, the colors are deeply pigmented and adding them over the primer makes them even more vibrant and long staying. For my look, I applied the Sin primer all over my lid. Applied a layer of Flipside all over the lid. Follow it up with Twice baked under the brow bone, blending it with Flipside along the crease. Add a dash of mascara and voila - a fun and quick summer look ! If you're really into blues and color this summer you can also pair it with the Flipside Mascara but I wanted to keep it relatively simple.




Have you taken a look at this handy palette ? If you're thinking about buying then I'd say go ahead and get it. Especially, if you missed out on the Estee Lauder Sand & Sea Palette which also features a bunch of bronze and blue shades. You can find these at Ulta, Sephora, Macys.com or on their website urbandecay.com

Love,
Indian Girl

Click on the links below for helpful related posts :

Urban Decay Big Fatty Flipside Mascara : Review & Swatches

Urban Decay 2/7 Eye liner - Flipside : Swatch

Urban Decay Spring 2009 24/7 Eye liners : Review & Swatches

Urban Decay Spring 2009 Cream Eye Shadows : Review & Swatches

Silver / Black Eye Look with Urban Decay Cream Shadows

3 comments

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said... @ April 27, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Gorgeous!! I love Urban Decay!

Alicia B. said... @ August 1, 2009 at 6:42 AM

I love it! I was curious about how these colors looked together on the eye, so this is an excellent review.

Mrs. Horn said... @ February 7, 2010 at 4:01 AM

I just got the bamboo palette of Urban Decay eyeshadow. It is absolutely my new favorite makeup. Though I found it a bit pricey, it is totally worth it with its gorgeous-ness and staying power. I love it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin