| 4 comments ]

Hello pretty ladies ! Good Morning !! Wakey, wakey....

Well, I've been getting a lot of questions about Thevi Cosmetics. For those of you who are not familiar with the wonderful brand, you can read a small introduction I wrote on them here. Among many others, one reason I love Thevi is because it is not just another cosmetic company - it is dream fulfilled. A dream of a lady, its founder who wanted to bring a line of cosmetics to satisfy the needs of ethnic women who are underrepresented in the world of cosmetics, which I truly agree with.

I wrote about their blushes and eye shadows here and here. All this should give you a good idea on the products . And if you are interested in reading more about the story behind this line, you can follow the founder - Thevika's blog




Now, coming to their lipsticks. Sleek Sleek Sleek ! I love the metallic, long tube and the scratch resistant packaging. I will be proud to pull it out of my purse and reapply much to other's envy ;)

The colors are mostly deep with the exception of two - Sequin and Plush. I have tried Sequin and it is the perfect shimmery nude for my pigmented lips. The other lipsticks I tried were Godiva and Drama. Godiva is this complicated shade - nothing like I've seen before. Its got some brown, some wine, some shimmer and lots of pretty. Drama is raisin like wine color with a hint of deep pink and shimmer. The shimmer is almost a part of the color, nothing gritty and perfectly wearable even at work ! They are all super moisturizing and have a good staying power, especially the darker colors.

You can buy these beauties on Thevi's website.

Love,
Indian Girl

PS: I will be having a special 25 % discount for my readers on Thevi Cosmetics starting Nov 1 - Nov 15. I hope you have decided on what you are getting coz this one's BIG ! Details coming soon ...

4 comments

Anonymous said... @ October 13, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Hey,
loved the metallic sticks...I would want to buy them even without looking at the colors...I mean they look so sleek and happening.one would look so posh and cool carrying those :)....and the colors are lovely too...
loved the concept of cosmetics for ethnic us...since finding colors is always a problem...and looking forward for the discount...why don't you write a post before November covering what are the best products there...your opinions...I trust your opinion rather than just going by their description....

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ October 13, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Hey Rupa !

Yeah they are beautiful, aren't they ! Great idea, I will write up a post by Nov 1 and have lots of pictures. Thank you so much for trusting my opinion, means a lot to me :)

Anonymous said... @ October 14, 2008 at 11:26 PM

oooo, thanks for this! I am loving sequin and drama. I will take advantage of the 25% off offer that you are gonna be posting since I am a little too broke this month to do temptalia's hehe =) You made my day! :D I look forward to your post.

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ October 15, 2008 at 12:16 AM

Hey Nosh ! You're welcome :)
trust me , you will not regret getting Sequin or Drama. For Desi gatherings - drama rocks big time ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin