| 3 comments ]

The chakra masques are based on ancient Hindu holistic healing system. Each chakra corresponds to one of the seven energy centers in the body and each of them reflects essential aspects of consciousness that govern out life, love, learning and spiritual awakening.



There are 7 chakra's and hence 7 chakra masques were created. Each one has its own color and a corresponding significance for your body. For example the color red is associated with the first chakra and represents vitality, physical strength and life energy. So, the red chakra masque brings you warmth and vitality !

How do you decide which color to use ?
Well, this is the fun part. You line up the seven masques in front of you and choose the color that appeals to you most at that time. Ain't that fun !

My experience
I aligned mine in front of me last night and decided on trying the orange masque. It was this beautiful bronzy color with a metallic finish that I absolutely loved. The orange masque is to energize and nourish you. The masque has a gel like consistency and very little is needed to spread it all across your face. I loved like one of those bronze statues ! It does burn a little bit in the beginning but calms down in a minute or so.

After twenty minutes, I washed my face with warm water. Since this was not an exfoliating masque I did not see any difference in the smoothness of my skin. It was just as it was when I began. But I loved the glow and radiance it left. I looked much brighter and probably energized !



I think this works great as an everyday masque. At the end of your day, you could choose the color you are feeling and try it on ! The best way to try these masques is to buy their chakra tube. The tube has 1/4 oz of every chakra masque which is easily enough for at least 3 to 4 uses. So you can do up to 28 full face masques with this colorful stack. The tube also works great as stocking stuffer for the upcoming festive season !

You can read more about the chakra masques on their website

3 comments

Anonymous said... @ October 14, 2008 at 10:27 PM

they look so yummy...and choosing from colors is nice....depending on the mood we can pick colors...lots of fun...and sadly none of these are available in India

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ October 15, 2008 at 12:15 AM

what can I say but for :(
but seriously nothing beats besan flour, turmeric and milk masque ! Gives me the softest skin ever!

Anonymous said... @ October 15, 2008 at 11:08 AM

I hate how the turmeric turns me yellow. It's oompa loompa skin, hehe :P

I love this mask idea! I wants =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin