| 3 comments ]


Yup, the Sally Hansen's Lipnotic Gem Glosses can pass off as a dupe for the MAC Dazzleglasses that were released in May, this year.

I have had the Sally Hansen glosses for a while now in all the colors and absolutely love them. I use them over my lipstick almost everyday and love the shiny, juicy effect it provides. I hadnt tried the MAC Dazzleglasses until recently when I was visiting a friend and happened to try out her stash. I was amazed at how similar it was to my Sally Hansen glosses. The shade of MAC I tried out was Glamour OD. I liked how it looked on my lips but what put me off was how heavy the gloss felt and how thick it was. My lips almost could not breathe. Though the effect was breathtakingly sparkly and multidimensional, I just wasnt comfortable with a feeling of a heavy load on my lips.

The lipnotic glosses in contrast are light and do not make my lips uncomfortable. Though the dazzleglasses fair better in their multidimensional effect and color ranges (including a blue tinted one ), my pick would be the Lipnotic ones. The lipnotic glosses come in a range of 10 colors and the packing is pretty neat too.My absolute favs are Bejewelled ( a peachy shade with lots of shimmer)and Embellished( a pink shade with blue and silver specks). The lipnotic glosses also contain vitamins and minerals to help hydrate your lips. I gave out a few glosses to some friends of mine and they love them too! The hydrating effect is true, my lips feel soft and moist after using these. Costing at around $7 at the drug stores, these beauties are absolute winners!

3 comments

Lavenderine said... @ August 8, 2008 at 12:49 AM

oooh i gotta buy me some of these sally hansen glosses :)

btw, have you tried the HiP cream crayons - can be used as a shadow / shadow base / liner. I hear they are dupes of MAC shadesticks. I am dying to try out their Perfectionist (black) and Meticulous (taupe shimmery). Would love to see a review on that. They are on BOGOF sale in Longs Drugs this week.

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ August 8, 2008 at 1:36 AM

Hi Sonali,
Nope, I havent tried the HiP crayons. Unfortunately we dont have Longs in my city, but if I find them at CVS I'll review em :)
As a side note, if you are interested in shadestick kinda stuff, you can also try NYX, I've heard their crayons are great!

J said... @ May 28, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Ooooooooo Okay that's the second time I've heard that Lipnotic is a dupe for the Dazzleglasses, so thanks for the recommendations and I am DEFINITELY getting one the next time I hit ULTA!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin