| 3 comments ]

I need to know.

You see, summer is a really hard time for me.
Exceptionally hard.

When the whole world around me is thinking of
barbecues
White clothes
Sandals
Sun
Tan
Holiday
and other fluff like that


I am busy thinking about
Pools filled with kids who do stuff in the pool
Adult jumping into the same pool
Treacherous Heat
Dreaded Sun
A/C Bills
Sweat stains on white clothes

You get the drift ?

My safe haven is my bathroom. I try to be water conscious so make my 10 minutes in the shower count.

Gimme the best bath product for summer. What makes you feel good ? What is heat / summer friendly ?

For the last few months of glorious winter I loved my Olay Botanical Fusion Body Wash. Its very creamy , has a good scent and is relatively cheap. I found it for $2 at Big Lots, man ! I went through a couple of bottles lathering it generously on my parched skin, enjoying the softness and hydration it retained after a hot shower.

But with temperature touching 85 out here and my body temperature reaching roughly 112 degrees I cannot do creamy man. I want something that will make me feel fresh, with no additional softening moisture, takes care of sweat and things that come with sweating.

Nothing does all the above better than a bar of soap. I picked this up at Walmart.

This is a girl soap - no two ways about it. The peachy color , the citrus fragrance - all girly. But its a super muscular girl - takes care of sweaty me very well and lets just say all I can smell on me after shower is orange. The other stuff is washed away - well.

For now I am happy doin Olay in the shower.

Wait that doesn't sound right.
At all.

Also if the one major question in your life has been -

-------------------------------- Olay or Dove ?--------------------------------

I'll give you the cheat sheet on that - Olay. This summer I have finally realized Dove to me is a winter soap not 85 degree Texan Summer disguised as Spring soap.

Love,
Tyra

Sorry. I have no idea why its stuck in my head.

Love,
Indian Girl

3 comments

the Housewife said... @ May 6, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I totally understand what you're saying! Sometimes, when I have a houseful of guests or just a rough day, my bathroom becomes my sanctuary! I love scented soaps - both liquids and bars. My fave ones are from handmade in Auroville, pondicherry and The Body shop. :)

Anonymous said... @ May 8, 2010 at 2:11 AM

For really really sweaty days, just after the gym, or just after moving home, nothing - absolutely nothing - beats the good old medimix soap. Yea I'd gotten over that one except it turns out to be the only soap that helps eczema in my family. I don't have it yet so I just use it as a sweat blaster on certain days.
For the other days - Ahava is awesome. Light, citrusy floral fragrance. Clean and not really moisturizing. But soooo soothing on a summer evening :)

Love your blog btw.

Mukho said... @ May 11, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Who's Tyra, dear?
Talking of soaps, if you can get your hands on Lotus Herbals, give their handmade soaps a try. Excellent lather, and deelicious smell. I particularly liked the rose and citrus varieties.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin