| 4 comments ]

This is a series of looks that are ultra soft and subtle. Totally SFW (Safe For Work) ! Almost all products I've used are from Smashbox - just to keep it uniform. Each step can be a complete look in itself - just remember to add lots of mascara. I've shown them without mascara coz if I added it you wouldn't be able to see the colors on my tiny lids. And I am all about showing the colors on my tiny lids.

For a change I've been having a good clean skin day. So, I've skipped foundation. I do have concealer around my eyes - Smashbox HD Concealer - medium.

Step 1 : Apply Smashbox Lid Perfecting Shadow Primer - Naked Beauty.



Love love love this primer. Its the most perfect shade of nude bronzy goodness for my skin tone. If you weren't impressed by Urban Decay primers, you might wanna check Naked Beauty out ! Brown girls will love this shade.

Sometime this is all you need. A little brightness on your lids and mascara !

Step 2 : But whenever I do Naked Beauty on my lids I am compelled to add a nude beige liner gently along lower lash line. Creates just the sweetest angelic effect ! This one is from a trio from long ago. A similar shade would be Topaz form the Smashbox Creme Liner Palette.

Step 3 : Adding bronze liner along upper lash line is good especially if you have brown/ hazel or green eyes. Gorgeousness !



Step 4 : Sometimes you wanna soften up the liner so you add a little brown shadow on top and smudge a bit. And just because I felt like it I added some peach shadow on the lid too.

I used Smashbox Halo Hydrating Eyeshadow - Peach / Cocoa. I couldn't find these on the site. Are they discontinued ? No you're not missing out on anything. The packaging was / is a huge flaw.



Step 5 : And then I just cannot resist pulling the shadow down to my lower lash line. So I line it softly...

Step 6 : But then I revert back to my kajal addiction and draw a black line along my waterline. Blame it on my Indian culture.

While I'm at it, I also added some brown shadow along the crease and outer corner.
Somebody stop me.
Now, please.


Step 7 : I need bronzer. I go for Smashbox Halo Hydrating bronzer. Its magical ! Just like its sister Halo Hydrating Powder - silky and smooth. They are both magical.

Step 8 : My favorite part - the lipstick ! If you have a light skin tone and wanna go for a nude beige lip look - I'd suggest Smashbox Double Take Lip Color Pencil - Praline.

If you have a medium / dark skin tone try Smashbox Tip Tech - Maple. If it weren't so expensive I would have said - Brown girls *need* this. We really really do.

So that's it for a totally subtle SFW look !

If you thought this looked a lot like the Flirt look....lemme assure you its not. The are very different. Very. Very. You've got to trust me on this one. Okay.

Love,
Indian Girl

4 comments

Anonymous said... @ May 25, 2010 at 5:45 AM

Hi There! I love reading your blogs - I have a rather 'funny' question to ask - what do you mean SFW? Lol!

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ May 25, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Hey Anon ...

LOL ! SFW - Safe For Work ...like NSFW - not safe for work ;)

musical said... @ May 25, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Lovely! I am going to get this primer, a much better option for daytime wear compared to Sin, isn't it? Your eye-makeup is quite like mine, what with the involvement of dark bronze/brown pencil liner and shadows etc :). I use Smashbox Illume gloss with it quite often and sometimes also Electric (when i am wearing neutral dress colors).

Liptechs are soooooooooo expensive :(. I am gonna' get some one of these days, though. I read somewhere that they have a friends and family sale, but no emails so far..

Shriya said... @ May 26, 2010 at 4:19 AM

Hey Musical,

They do have a F&F sale goin on right now. Enter code FF2010 at checkout. Valid till May 28.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin