| 9 comments ]

This is my recovery drink after a workout - a super yummy healthy banana smoothie ! I don't like drinking the heavy protein shakes or Gatorade. I am all for natural, simple nutrition so I make my own recovery drinks !
To make one big glass of smoothie , you'll need :

1 Medium Banana Frozen
1/2 Cup Milk (1% or skim)
1 tsp Flax Seed Powder
2 Walnuts

Whip it up in a blender and there you have your delicious simple smoothie !

I peel the banana , slice them and freeze a bunch of ripe ones in a Ziploc bag. Roughly I cut each banana into ten pieces so I just pull out ten chunks for one smoothie. Alternatively you can use a regular banana and ice. The flax seed powder and walnuts make the smoothie creamy delicious ! For added creamy texture you can also use vanilla yogurt.

The best part - all this deliciousness is without any added extra sugars ! Any sweetness is from the banana !

I used caloriecount.com to figure the calories out

Love,
Indian Girl

9 comments

musical said... @ March 19, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Yum yum yum! On the weekends that i need to rush, this makes the best breakfast!

musical said... @ March 19, 2010 at 5:04 AM

Another dessert recipe i try to tell everyone about: ripe bananas+dates+a lil' honey+ a lil' milk+any other sweet fruit of your choice. Blend, freeze, stir, freeze, stir and freeze. Perfect sorbet, very creamy and so, so good, especially when you top it with toasted nuts!

poppy51 said... @ March 20, 2010 at 1:24 AM

it looks delicious! I and like the flower.. ;-) (but i don't know the "fax seed" powder...)

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ March 23, 2010 at 3:06 AM

Hi Musical !

I've never made a sorbet ! Will try this out soon - waitin for bananas to ripen !

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ March 23, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Hi Poppy !

The flax seed powder is available at most grocery stores / whole food stores !

Anonymous said... @ March 23, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I love this smoothie idea! And all other smoothies--my favorite super fast, super easy, super delicious, super healthy one:

1/2 cup Vanilla Soymilk
1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries

Blend--you can't even taste the soy flavor, but it adds a sweetness so you dont need sugar and youre getting tons of antioxidants.

Anonymous said... @ March 24, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Love! Love! Love this smoothie! Absolutely simple & quick! (Most smoothie recipes that I've read have loads of ingredients.) Am so gonna try this tomorrow!

Thanks a ton!

RGP

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ March 25, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Hi Anon !

Love berries ! I actually like the taste of plain soy milk - will try this out !

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ March 25, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Hi RGP !

True . Around here its makin things as simple as possible. Or else I know I wont be doing them either ! Lemme know how you like it !

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin