| 5 comments ]

Hold on Kyle

HOLD ON Kyle.

Kyle will you hold on please.

Where has the shimmer gone ? The last time I tried Olay Body Quench, it was full of shimmer and so was I. Even folks in my glitter friendly state give me a the look when I walked out in the middle of winter looking like Cartman...

But not anymore apparently. The shimmer is gone but the skin saving ingredients still remain - my skin says so.

And I always trust my skin.
It never lies.

This is how it works : The Olay Quench Advanced Healing Body Lotion, is said to break the dry skin cycle by providing an immediate burst of intense moisture that continues for 24 hours. This helps heal & repair skin’s moisture barrier over time to prevent dry skin from coming back.


The lotion I tried is Fragrance Free but still has some scent to it. Just not a very obvious one. You wont be able to point out the smell, but it exists and its not something I am very fond of.

Scent apart I have no qualms about the lotion. Its light, yet it provides a generous dose of moisture. Gets absorbed rapidly even on my driest skin days, zero stickiness and makes me feel better almost instantly. I love it most because it got rid of this huge dry spot right on the center of my back. Its been a great lotion this winter but I'm sure I'll continue using it well into spring.

Have you tried Olay Body Quench ? Do you have a favorite body lotion ?

Love,
Indian Girl

5 comments

Doli said... @ February 3, 2010 at 1:55 AM

oh I love Olay products.. they are really good.. I like Bath and Body works too . they have a new product called intense moisture cream and that seems to be really good.. the fragrance lasts all day! for me that is a plus point when someone recognizes the fragrance at the end of the day :)

NC said... @ February 3, 2010 at 7:40 AM

I love Vaseline Sheer Infusion, it seems to be pretty good for my dry skin . Bath and body works body lotions are pretty good too . I love Japanese cherry blossom , it smells lovely...

musical said... @ February 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I remember having tried this a long time ago, when it had shimmer :). But no matter what, i keep going back to Aveeno, for me it works the best, especially with the kind of dry weather LA is blessed with. But I also love Bath and Body Works (Japanese Cherry Blossom, Sensual Amber, Warm Vanilla Sugar and so on, delish!) and The Body Shop (Moroccan Rose, Vanilla Nutmeg, Black velvet apricot). They are very good moisturizers too. I recently tried something from Victoria's Secret (the Naturally line), and surprisingly it was quite good, very moisturizing. And then, if you are looking for some old fashioned fragrant stuff, there is always Crabtree and Evelyn :). But yes, Aveeno is my everyday staple.

Anonymous said... @ February 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM

A friend of mine swears by johnson and johnsons baby oil gel. I haven't tried it yet, but apparently it is does the trick on dry skin!

Anonymous said... @ May 18, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Love this stuff! I have super sensitive skin and have been using special order products like Vanicream for years. This doesn't make me rashy at all. On a side note though Fragrance free and unscented are completely different. Sadly a lot of sensitive skin fragrance free products have a funky slight smell to them since they don't have the fragrance or chemicals used to take away the petrolatum like smell.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin