| 7 comments ]

Its been long due, isn't it ! Time sure does fly at lightening speed.

Mallika is a Bollywood actress and we have been going mad trying to figure out this gorgeous shade on her lips. She tweeted me a while back saying it was a nude shade from Smashbox. I took that and ran with it. The best choice I came up with is the uber fantastic Smashbox lipstick in Captivating - a creamy brown nude.

Its gorgeous.

No, its beyond gorgeous.

Yet its simple and easy.

We all need a gorgeous, no - beyond gorgeous, simple, easy shade of lipstick in our lives.

A mauve-nude lip liner works very well with this shade. My favorite mauve-nude lip liner is Most Natural by Milani. I've had it forever ! It works great with several lipsticks including this !

I for one have convinced myself that its The Smashbox Photofinish Lipstick in Captivating. There probably was a hint of lip gloss added - hence the shimmer shine.

Smashbox Photofinish Lipstick - Captivating

Smashbox Photofinish Lipstick - Captivating + Milani Lip Liner - Most Natural

Another mystery solved by your trustee - Indian Girl.

Find more nude lipstick shades I'm loving here and here. By far, I think Smashbox makes some of the most wearable nude shades. Keep coming back if you love the nudes ! Therez lots more !

Love,
Indian Girl

7 comments

Kizzy said... @ October 30, 2009 at 3:08 AM

Wow, the liner does make a difference, huh? It's really really pretty! Looks exactly like the 'original'.

Unknown said... @ October 30, 2009 at 5:02 AM

Hey I have a question. Okay, say I buy a lipstick from Maybelline or Rimmel or something cheap that seems good. Is it the same quality as Smashbox or something?

Because I see lots of drugstore makeup in these nude colours but I'm wondering whether splurging on expensive stuff is gonna give a better result?

josie said... @ October 30, 2009 at 5:52 AM

hey do u think loreal's lipstick in silk would be good for the nude look. i read from somewere that loreal lipstick in silk looks good on most desi skin tones. saw a pic of gauri khan wearing it and it looked really good on her

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ October 30, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Hi Kizzy !

Yup , huge difference right ! Generally people say red lipsticks require a good lip liner but to me nude lipsticks need them more. They just bring the color out a lot more !

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ October 30, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Hi Husha !

To me there are great quality lipsticks both in drugstore and department stores. Its all about what we are looking for in a lipstick and if we get satisfied. I *love* Maybelline lipsticks. I hear Rimmel's Birthday suit is uber popular nude. I am not a huge fan of Loreal - the only reason is the weird smell it has. but they make great colors too ! Milani - same issue - weird scent.

So , yes & no - there are gr8 ones at our local drugstores and some not so great ones at Sephora too :)

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ October 30, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Hi Josie !!

No way ! I wore Silk just a couple of days back. It IS a gorgeous shade for tanned to medium dark / deeper skin tones. On me it is still a bit too deep but nevertheless it is a gr8 color.
Like I said before the only thing with Loreal lipsticks is the scent but Ive had Silk for more than a year and the scent has vanished !

Unknown said... @ November 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Thanks for writing back~very kind Okay but I'm gonna try expensive stuff anyway out of curiosity!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin