| 7 comments ]

This is one of the few collections this year where you can exactly copy the model's look with the products from this collection. The model Hillary Rhonda does a great job at showing us how sensuous gold can be. For those of you dying to see the products, this is your lucky day !


First Thoughts :

Its All Gold !
Tres Sophisticated !
Packing is to die for and worthy of showing it off at every possible opportunity.
Nail Lacquers - not the most original shades but exceptionally creamy formula
Eye shadows - I don't want to disturb the beauty in their pattern and dual tone vanishes once you disturb the embossed pattern.
Both lip glosses and 5 Tone Shimmer Powder is a Must-Have.

Must must have.

5-Tone Shimmer Powder for Eyes, Cheeks, Face in Pink Shimmer ($ 36)

A beautiful blend of pinks with a small hint of shimmer. Gives me a uber gorgeous soft luminous finish. It can be dusted all over the face but I prefer them just on the cheeks, bridge of my nose and forehead. The texture is silky and very light. It is sheer without being too sheer. Overall, a very refined glow for all ages, all skin tones and all occasions.

I was being very serious when I said - this is a must have.

The best part, you can save up and get it later too because by September the 5 Tone Shimmer Powder will be a permanent addition to the EL line ! Good Choice, EL !


Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Rose Gold & Amethyst ($35)

The four shades in both the quads are dual toned with a pearl like finish on top. One reason why I absolutely loved the quads are the shades is the gold embossed pattern -Very different , unique and nothing you see often. They are so gorgeous that I did not want to disturb the pattern on them.With so many makeup lines out there, it is becoming exceeding rare to see something completely out of the ordinary. This to me was pretty special.

As far as the actual shades under the embossed gold EL did a good job by coming up with some exceptionally easy shades to go with this collection. Shades that anyone can wear; not weird neon ones or ultra bright metallics. I liked the Rose Gold quad much more than the Amethyst one. The amethyst shades were very grey-ish on me. However if you have cooler undertones you might like Amethyst, a lot more.





Pure Color Multi-Shimmer Gloss in Rose Gold & Rose Amethyst ($18)

The other must have from this collection. I am not a lip gloss kinda girl, more of a lipstick girl. The only thing that will get me to wear lip gloss is that it has to be non sticky and light. The only reason I've worn a sticky lip gloss before is because it had SPF 15.

Both Rose Gold and Rose Amethyst are three toned and look like lip gloss trifle. Ooh I love trifle puddings. This lip gloss - I love even more ! Rose Amethyst gives a delicate pink-bronze look while Rose Gold is a more sensuous nude pink-bronze. Both are brilliant on their own !


Signature Lipstick in Cinnamon, Terracotta, Plum Amethyst & Rose Amethyst ($19.50)

The lipsticks as always are of impeccable quality, creamy and deeply pigmented but I am not blown away by them. I have seen shades like this from EL before. I even had a lipstick very very similar to Terracotta. However I must address that fact that there is shade here for everybody. Cinnamon is a deep brown with teeny tiny flecks of gold - gorgeous on dark skinned beauties. Terracotta is a deep auburn shade that could work very well with medium - medium dark skin tones. Plum Amethyst is a versatile shade that several of us can wear. Its a purpleish plum , perfect for glamorous nights. Rose Amethyst was my least favorite shade because of how it looks on me. It is a super frosty beige nude that should look best on pale pretty ladies.






Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Rose Gold & Black Amethyst ($18)

Though you've probably seen a purple like Black Amethyst before, the creamy formula makes it worthy of the dough. Something to wear on a special date, perhaps !

Rose Gold is neither rose nor gold completely. It is silky nude shade with a hint of sparkle to it.




What were your favorite products from this collection ? I'll have a look up with the eye shadows. Hoping it'll turn out just as gorgeous as the model's eyes !

Love,
Indian Girl

7 comments

Jamilla Camel said... @ August 11, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Thanks, Indian Girl!! This entire collection was just MADE for South Asian skintones...gorgeous!!

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said... @ August 11, 2009 at 2:08 AM

This collection is GORGEOUS. LOVE the nail colors. Are you going to do a post on the eyeshadows and blush? I can't imagine what they would look like.

Thanks!!!

Sureyya said... @ August 11, 2009 at 2:38 AM

Hiya! i love the lipsticks and I thought I loved the rose amethyst lipgloss, i bought it, and it's just really pale in comparison to what i tried on in the store, I'm so tempted to put it in the washing machine so all the colours will mix!! But i was kinda disappointed with the eyshadows, the hammered little rectangles look so pretty though! I love the purple nailpolish! if only I had long enough nails :p xx

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ August 11, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Hi JC !

So true ! Especially the lipsticks !

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ August 11, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Hi Nakiya !

I will try n have a post up with the eyeshadows ASAP ! As far as the blush goes, my cam doesnot capture its beauty...I tried and tried :(

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ August 11, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Hi Suki !

LOL ! I tell you what just pump it up and down a few times and they mix well. Agree, the bottom most shade is the most gorgeous. I keep pushing the brush downward to see if it picks up more of that deep shade ;)

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said... @ August 11, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Ooooh no problem - looking forward to seeing the eyeshadow!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin