| 2 comments ]

I'm really not a chap stick kinda person. So a chap stick with SPF is not something that gets me excited. Now tell me about a long wearing lip gloss with SPF 15 and am all ears ! These are all I've depended on to keep my lips from getting pigmented this summer - The Smashbox Limitless Long Wearing Lip Glosses ($21)


I was seeing a few pics of when I was a teenager and realised that my lips are significantly less darker now. Then, I had no sense of sun safety. Then, I was young and stupid. Then, I was.....okay I'll cut younger me some slack. But over the years sunscreen has helped reduce the pigmentation. A lot of us have this issue with lips getting darker and the one way to keep it from happening is to use sunscreen at all times.

These Smashbox goodies that I tested out are long wearing - up to six hours. Also to be read as " I cling on to your lips forever" They are not as sticky as MAC lipglasses but they do have a clingy nature (Just like the mean girls at school). The three shades I tried were

Nonstop - Cool Raspberry ( It does not look that cool. I love the deep pink !)
Infinite - Soft Pinkish Nude ( NARS Turkish Delight, only less milky. I like wearing it over a nude lip liner all over my lips. In the pic however, its just the gloss. Not the best, on its own)
Endless - Sheer Plum ( Great for pigmented lips as a nude / my lips but better color)

I Don't Have Big Lips

These have been the only source of SPF for me this summer other than a couple of Clinique Glosswear products, which also have SPF 15. Though they are a but clingy, I like them because they stay put and keep my lips looking shiny, colorful and pretty in this heat and humidity when everything else on my face keeps disappearing. What I don't like though is the fact that I have to dip in and out about 5 times before I gloss up my puckers. C'mon now they arnt even that big ! The other thing, it does not come off with water. You will need a makeup remover to get it off your lips.



Love,
Indian Girl

2 comments

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said... @ July 10, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Endless looks great!

Ranjani said... @ July 10, 2009 at 9:18 AM

You have perfect lips...everything looks good, it's hard to say what's a better shade:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin