| 3 comments ]

Every Bollywood actress talks about CTM - Cleanse Tone Moisturize. The cliched line when asked about their face routine is " Of course , I CTM ! "
Do you CTM ? I only CM. I 'T' sometimes and I'll tell you later, how.

What does a toner do ?

A toner is a product using between a cleanser and moisturizer. Essentially it should / can :

- Help remove remnants of makeup
- Help remove remnants of cleanser
- Act as a binding agent for the moisturizer
- Act as a light moisturizing agent
- Bring the pH level of the skin to normal if it was displaced (increased) by using soap. An increased skin pH level causes dryness of skin.
- Additionally it could reduce inflammation, provides anti oxidant and anti irritation benefits.
- It is generally best to avoid toners with alcohol.

How and Why do I use a toner ?

Though toner has many benefits, I don't use it. I have been CM-ing for ever it has been working. However when I do have a bout of dry skin I reach for my toner. After cleansing I take a couple of drops on my palm, rub them together and pat it on my face. I immediately follow it up with a moisturizer. No cotton pads, nothing. I really do feel that the toner helps my skin absorb the moisturizer better and relieve me of dryness.

SUMMER TIP : During summer, I store my toner in the fridge and sometimes just pat it on my face whenever I feel hot. Almost like a face mist. It works just as well !

My toner of choice

I love Carol's Daughter's Rose & Chamomile toner. It is meant for normal - dry skin and has the most amazing scent. Plus it has several other natural ingredients in it which makes me feel extra good about special care of my skin !

So, why & how do you use a toner ?

Tell me all about it in the comments !

Love,
Indian Girl

3 comments

makeupandbeauty4u said... @ June 5, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I use toner to remove the makeup that my cleanser missed..I don't use toner all the time tough. Not sure if Clinique's acne clarifying solution is considered as a toner. I use this after cleansing and before moisturizing.

TTLOVE218 said... @ June 5, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Im a very oily girl, so I use toner mid day to combat the oil and keep fresh. I also use it at night if I have worn foundation that day. Lately, I have been using Aubrey Organics Aloe Vera as a toner at night because it serves as a light moisturizer for my skin when I don't use anything heavy these hot Houston days!

Melody said... @ June 5, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I use a toner as a multipurpose product. I like it to bind the moisture in my skin. It removes excess oil and is an anti irritate. I love how toner refreshes my skin. I always feel better after I use it. Current fave is Thayer's Alcohol-Free Rose Witch Hazel ( they have other alcohol-free and low alcohol varieties but I haven't tried any others)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin