| 5 comments ]

I love pink blushes, but pink blushes don't love me. I buy them with the intent of wanting to look girly and fun but end up looking blotchy, like I'd developed rashes. In other words, its Lara Dutta's look I am going for but end up with Amrita. And may be Amrita could carry that off, but on my face it ends up getting me weird stares ...

After several try outs for the perfect pink blush I've found the one. The first time I used it I let out a tiny cry of joy - Girly & Fun nailed - YEAH ! I'll let you in on the secret - the pink blush ain't pink in color. LOL ! Its a nude - rose color, Diamond Rose from Pur Minerals . The rose shade looks so much better and natural on my cheeks than the pink I have been obsessed over for several years. Brown girls, go get this - now. Sometimes, I like to add a bit of a pink bronzer - Jouer's Sunshine over it for some glow. The hint of true pink in the bronzer combined with the the rose on my cheeks gives me just what I wanted - The Lara Look !

Do you have a favorite pink blush or one that makes up for the pink in your life ?

Love,
Indian Girl

5 comments

A-Diddy said... @ February 25, 2009 at 12:58 AM

I actually really like "Dallas" by Benefit - most blushes are a little too pink for my brown skin, but "Dallas" seems to work really well! And it has a little bit of shimmer in it that makes it really nice. Benefit also has a few others that might work for darker skin tones.

Anonymous said... @ February 25, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I'd love to buy thatbut I don't really have 15 dollars to spend just on blush. Can you recommend anything cheaper but with the same effect?

- Narita

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ February 25, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Hey A- Diddy ,

Dallas is lovely and youre right its great for medium dark - dark skin tones !

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ February 25, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Hi Narita,

Have you tried blushes from NYC - New York Color. They are very good - I love the color West Side Wine

Mehak-peachesandbludh said... @ August 5, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Yes, pink blushes dont do too much for me either- Body shop blush in tea rose is a pink that has a great colour for our skin tones- but you really have to work to get colour out of it...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin