| 3 comments ]

The main reason why I was so attracted to this brand was the fact that Aloette uses pure Aloe Vera gel in every one of its offerings. And, they have plenty to offer ! Everything from Anti-aging products, skin care , makeup , bath & body to blemish care products ! I tested out a couple of products from this line - the Enzyme Peel and Flawless HP Rapid Skin Perfection.


The Enzyme Peel :

I tried the peel last weekend to test if it gets rid of the dry skin I had on my cheeks. The website says that the product acts as an alternative to harsh chemical peels and can get rid of dead skin cells in just one minute. Well I put it to test.


It worked !! Just not in one minute. What you do is to apply a thin layer on your face (on dry face, do not wet it or the product doesn't work) and rub it in circular motions until tiny beads start forming between your fingers and face. Once the beading stops , you rinse it off with warm water. When I rinsed off I noticed that the dry patches had gone down the drain ( literally ) and my face did look very clean. The only deal is that it takes you a good five minutes to finish this up.

This product is currently available for $14.95 on a $ 30 purchase, which I think is a good price to pay for it. It is very mild and can be easily used by people with sensitive skin. No burning, no tingling nothing. Plus its fun to rub, get the circulation going and wait for those beads ( combo of dead skin + product) to form !

Flawless HP Rapid Skin Perfection :

It costs $ 59.95 ! But once you get over that initial shock and actually try the product, you will understand why it could be expensive. It is multi tasker - A yellow colored, redness corrector that is also an excellent face primer ! The yellow color worked extremely well at correcting the red spots on my face. The top of my cheeks and the tip of my nose are always red so I tested it out there and in no time it evened out my face color ! Fantastic ! But it does one more thing and that is evening out the surface of your skin making it much more easy to apply makeup.


Word of Caution : Do not use this on dry skin. Make sure your face is well exfoliated and moisturized or this one settles on your dry patches and makes everything look worse than it is.

On the site, it is sold as a product for mature skin and is a part of their anti - aging line. Its probably the ingredients but I will continue to use this one although I don't need any anti aging right now. I am already sad at hitting mid 20 in 3 days :(

Have a good week girls !

Love,
Indian Girl

3 comments

M said... @ January 8, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Heyy!!! Happy Birthday in Advance :) I hope you have a blast :D

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ January 8, 2009 at 3:11 AM

Thanks Hon !

Rima Kaur said... @ June 15, 2009 at 10:15 PM

heyy!!! i have dry skin too, and tried something similar to the enzyme peel, but from a different company. it was great. watching those beads of skin come out was kinda icky but the end result was great. and i agree, the stuff works quickly but is hard to get off.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin