| 4 comments ]

If I was allowed to carry only one skincare "treatment" on a secluded island...then THIS would be it.

I got the Neutrogena Enzyme Treatment four weeks back on a sale at CVS. It originally costs around $15 I guess, but I got it for $7 on sale. I didnot have any expectations and just wanted to try it coz it was a brightening treatment. In the summers I look anything but bright so I was up for this.

What they say about their product is:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin® Visibly Even Skin Polishing Enzyme Treatment is a breakthrough twice-weekly facial treatment. Just one use is all it takes to reveal noticeably smoother, softer, more even-toned skin.No matter what your skin type, simply apply this refreshing gel and let the naturally derived skin-brightening enzyme go to work. Instantly, the dermatologist-tested formula begins stimulating surface skin cell renewal, helping to polish skin and reduce the appearance of discoloration and blotchiness. Micro-exfoliators help slough away rough, dull, uneven skin for a more radiant complexion. You'll see the difference right away. Used twice a week, you'll experience dramatically improved skin tone.

What I found is : their claim is almost true. I used this twice a week for the first 2 weeks and my skin was the best ever. Later I got lazy but continued using atleast once a week. It is serum kinda product with tiny tiny exfoliating beads in it. Apply it all over your face and wait for 7 - 8 minutes and wash it off by gently massaging the product on your face so the exfoliation can be done. Wash the product off and apply a moisturizer.

My face has never felt more softer and shinier. Shinier from the inside, a glow kinda effect - not the oily shine ;) Usually I do feel soft after any exfoliation but the effect hardly lasts a day or two. But with this product my face remained soft for almost a whole week, like I exfoliated just an hour back!! I have these tiny tiny white heads that keep appearing over and over under my lower lip which I remove by exfoliating them. Earlier they would reappear in a day, not anymore !!! Its been a week now since my last use of this product and there are hardly 2 whiteheads and the size is significantly smaller!!!!

Coming to the brightening effect, the product does not whiten you but definitely brightens you. Y'all know how i have a darker chin compared to my cheeks...so I was interested in seeing if the enzyme did anything to minimize the difference. I wont say it did that but it did something similar. It made my whole face brighter so the difference is not very visible coz there are better things that one would see on my face ;)

Since it is an "enzyme" I would not recommend keeping it for over 10 minutes. You could end up reddish. Plus 10 minutes is enough for it to work its magic! Also dont forget to massage while washing it off.

Overall a great product coz you only have to use it twice a week and for only 7 - 10 minutes! The tube is small(1.4floz) and travel friendly. The best part one tube lasts a long while....

I am super excited about this product and am excited to see what results you guys will find with it. Do buy it if you see it at CVS or Walgreens. Its totally worth paying the full price but if you find a sale....tell me about it tooo!!!

4 comments

Anonymous said... @ July 9, 2008 at 6:42 AM

I am so tempted to try this....will look around for any sales. By the way, walgreens is having a buy 1 get 1 50% off on revlon this week and i was thinking of getting their new bedroom eyes powder liner and the diamond lust sheer shadow...have you tried any of these? CVS is having the same sale on cover girl r their eye shadows any good? Thanks for your help!

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ July 10, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Hey Zaini,
I did reply earlier...but I dont know why it dint show up :(
I havent tried revlon Bedroom eyes...but going by the name...I may not try the sheer eyeshadow mostly coz i love bright pigmented ones. With it being summer and me being oily, the sheer color might get washed out :(
I have seen CG shadows..nothing except the Blue - aquamarine color is pigmented enough. Hope this helps :)

Anonymous said... @ July 10, 2008 at 8:55 PM

ok so r loreal hip shadows any good? i mean the color pay off....haven't tried the MAC line yet, but its best to go to a bobbi brown counter and let them find out your corrector/concealer shade...its a bit on the expensive side but worth it....u can find out the shade and then look for it on ebay its a lil cheaper there.

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ July 14, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Hey Zaini,
HIP is great. I know many people who swear by it! I especially love "SHOWY", its a teal and dark blue combo.
Also, great idea with the ebay buying thingy! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin