| 8 comments ]

So, here comes my first post for the WBB Series!!

Do you guys know that Big Lots sells Makeup for terribly cheap prices? I love shopping at Bog Lots for makeup coz you never know what you are gonna find. Its not like there are rows n rows of makeup confusing you with millions of products. At Big Lots there is this small but mostly awesome collection of stuff where it feels great to fish out something nice for such a bargain.
Bargain it was, when I found this summery blush for $3 and this summery lip gloss for $3 !!

The blush is called Spice. Its a powder blush from Almay. I love the packaging - it comes in a cute white box with a really soft brush which can be used in emergencies.
The color is a soft apricot with some shimmer to it. I would say it is somewhere between NARS TajMahal and NARS Luster. The color is not very pigmented but is easily build able to a desired color.
The shimmer is there..but not there. It is jsut about enough shimmer to make your cheeks glow when you smile. Overall its an awesome color for this summer on my NC 35 - NC40 Indian skin tone!

Coming to the Lip Gloss , it is also by Almay and is called Rose Shimmer. I LOVE this color. Its called rose but shows up kinda corally on my lips. There is shimmer but then again it is not over the top and cheap - just a classy touch of shimmer. I love the brush applicator coz it makes it easier to reach to the corner of my lips. On my lips it looks a lot like Chanel Glossimer in Gazelle, I think its just a little less pigmented. Check Chanel out on fellow blogger and absolutely beautiful Karen. Do you think so too...or am I just wishing for Chanel and settling for this ;)



So....what goodies did you girls get your hands on this week? Cant wait to hear from you !!

8 comments

Mukho said... @ April 24, 2008 at 2:03 PM

hey Indian girl, u're right. This does look like Chanel Glossimer Gazelle, infact the moment I saw it, I was reminded of Karen's lip macro with that shade :)

ilovecheese said... @ April 24, 2008 at 6:09 PM

It totally matches that shade, lovely find! Greeeeeeeeeeeenn is my colour! Amita, why can't we find stuff liek this here, let's suggest H&G..

BeautyTalk said... @ April 25, 2008 at 8:52 PM

I love the cheeks!

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ April 25, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Hey Mukho and Ilovecheese !! How you girls doin? Thanks so much for reconfirming that I wasnt dreaming of Chanel :)

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ April 25, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Hey Beauty Talk ! I am glad you liked it too! It is my current fav coz its giving me the awesome sunkissed look!

Anonymous said... @ April 28, 2008 at 5:34 AM

that lip gloss looks awesome on you! will have to check it out!

Ranjani said... @ April 29, 2008 at 10:31 PM

love the lip gloss, looks fabulous!

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ April 30, 2008 at 3:24 AM

Thank you Kohl Girl! Do check it out and lemme know how you like it.

Hey Ranjani, Thank you girl!
Welcome to maa blog, you two!

Love,
Indian Girl

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin