| 10 comments ]

Who says eye makeup has to be complicated ? Certainly not me

You definitely do not need this tutorial on eye makeup application.

And you most definitely need not under go loads of blending pains to come up with a killer look.




What you do need is an eyeliner ( and some concealer and some mascara). Certainly helps if its this one. This gorgeous one from Rock and Republic Cosmetics with a kinky name - Bound Gel Eye Liners.

I am new to gel eyeliners. I know the whole enthusiasm over its novelty has come and gone but bear with me while I discover it for myself. To say that I am mesmerized by these would be an understatement. An overstatement would be - I cannot live without these. But I will go ahead and say it - I cannot live without these.

The shade I tested out was Mental. No, seriously that's the name. Mental is deep blue with a brilliant metallic sheen to it. Not to be mistaken with shimmer. No shimmer people - its as shimmer free as Miss Matte over here. The metallic sheen is from the color - its a metallic shade of blue. Just the prettiest blue ever. Shade apart the formula is ultra creamy, extremely easy to apply and stays on for hours. Oh wait is that why its called bound eyeliners ? Coz it binds to your eye ? So, its not so kinky ? Guess its just my wild imagination and lack of cute tall boys around. In one sentence - totally fab , totally stylish and totally worth the dough !

So, tell me how do you like em. I'm talking about the gel eyeliners...not the boys.



Price - $24
Purchase
- Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom
Purpose
- Gel Eyeliner
Position Love,
Indian Girl

10 comments

Madhuri said... @ July 25, 2009 at 2:06 AM

I dont understand, how did you apply this eyeliner? So yeah I've been living in a cave, never heard of a gel liner before! :P

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ July 25, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Hi Madhuri !

I used an angled eyeliner brush to apply it.

Kalmo said... @ July 25, 2009 at 4:13 AM

Blue looks gorgeous on you! You have very nice eyeliner skills as well. Mine always come out all wonky lol. The packaging is sooo cute too.

PS said... @ July 25, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Hey IG,

Love how the eyeliner looks on you.BTW, which brush (as in the brand)did you use for this look? and I really enjoy your blog.

Love,
PS.

JuicerGirl said... @ July 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I've never used gel eyeliners but this looks great on you. I'm going to try it.

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ July 25, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Hi KC !

Yea the packing is cool ! I love the huge metal lid !

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ July 25, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Hi PS !

Aww, thanks babes ! I use a $1 angled eyeliner brush from Big Lots [:p]nothing fancy but it does the best job at applying a thin line...

An Indian's Makeup Blog said... @ July 25, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Hi Juicergirl !

Do try ! I think these can also be used as a base for deep smokey eyes for a long night out..

Sudha said... @ July 26, 2009 at 7:47 AM

I have the Bobbi Brown gel liners in several colors including the Sapphire Shimmer which is similar to what you're wearing. They are awesome and available in many colors. Ivy Shimmer is also a really pretty green for brown eyes.

Anonymous said... @ July 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM

for some reason, your eyes remind me of raageshawri loomba, the singer =] and the blue liner looks lovely on you

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin